Sunday, December 16, 2007

Everyone else must like this more than I do...

Sending Christmas/holiday cards, that is. It was far easier when I was just the name after the ampersand on my parents' cards. I have been sending my own since, I guess, living on my own before getting married. I think I enjoy it less every year but keep it up because it's expected and seems Scrooge-like not to. Some aunts are more thrilled by getting our child's picture than we are, I think.

Mostly it reminds me how so many people who used to be classmates/friends/drinking buddies are reduced to a yearly piece of paper and no personal contact at all. We mean to call, but everyone gets so wrapped up in their own lives I guess...

It depresses me how it's still just the three of us while everyone else seems to have another rugrat on their card every year. We are still hoping that will change before it's too late, but who can say.

It makes sad how many cards I don't send, but used to, to all the now-departed relatives. And how many of the cards are to just 'Mrs' instead of both now.

"Happy" holidays...?

No comments: