Thursday, August 30, 2007

Road rant..

Life has me driving way more on the expressway than usual of late. I know this is nothing new, but why are so many drivers so clueless and/or obnoxious or is it just too much caffeine?

It's 10pm and everyone is cruising happily at 70+mph yet I glance up and see two headlights adhered to my rear bumper, even when I am in the middle lane and they could just go around. I happily tap the brake just a speck in case they zoned out and it does no good and they get even closer if that is possible. So of course I wait until a semi is in the next lane and then slow down just enough to block them in next to it. Still fast enough so no one can complain. I stay like that until I think they get even more frustrated, then when they drop back and go around the truck, I speed up just to see them in front of it...and of course they are on their cell phone, no big surprise. Oh, and it is usually a big SUV too.

Three cheers for public transportation and better yet, walking!

No comments: